Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Oh Bugger!

We've been had. We really have. On passing the allotment yesterday I noticed something. The thing I noticed was the allotment. I could see the allotment from the road. I COULD SEE THE BLOODY ALLOTMENT FROM THE ROAD!. Sharp intake of breath. Now this in itself isn't like world breaking news but is does mean that every other person driving or walking down the road can see the allotment. They can see that we have been very very (and I was going to use another very then but stopped myself in time) negligent in our tending of our plot. It also means that we have to put more effort in as ours is the first one that you see. And there was me thinking that because the hedge was 5ft high and our allotment sort of dips in behind it, that we were, well, cocooned for want of a better word. No such bleedin' luck. Plans have to be made and work started much earlier than we thought.

Hey Ho!

3 Comments:

At 6:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the Lord telling you he's got a right annoying sense of humour. How else can you explain Sundays?

hb - www.wildburro.co.uk

 
At 1:01 pm, Blogger Jooles said...

I forgot to say the reason we can see the allotment - they - in their infinite wisdom - have cut down the hedge, or thinned it out. Too much if you ask me but no one did!

 
At 10:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have a similar problem. I'm currently dealing with it by simply not showing my face down there at all ever. Far too embarassing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home