Saturday, January 06, 2007

Happy New Year!

Onwards and upwards. I have made a few new year resolutions. Shall I keep them? That remains to be seen.

1. There will be no more buying of goods from TV shopping channels
2. I will use all - and I mean all - of the stuff I bought from Kays Horticulture and not leave it in the garage and curse when I trip up over it.
3. I will prune and tidy the garden and allotment - and even dig when it is demanded of me
4. I will spend more time writing my blog

These are so far - I have a few others but think I have to convince myself. Build up to them slowly!

The sloe gin was a success. The damson vodka an aquired taste. The boozy truffles havent as yet been constructed. I may run into difficulties with this as they dont freeze that well due to the alcohol content. Ah well - learning has taken place. I dont know why I didnt think about it as I make iced chilli vodka (ice cold, then the alcohol then the burn - not for the faint hearted) and should have known that it doesnt freeze. I thought the short term memory loss was bad enough but the long term seems to be going as well.

Does anyone know if I have to go onto the new blogger thing? If I dont will I become a dinosaur? I know my way round a keyboard but struggle with anything really computer technical. I think Ive done really well so far. Still having probs with the photos but still working on it. When I read other peoples blogs they always seem to write far more interesting and funny things than I do. I love reading them and have learned so much. I'm a long way off being a top blog - not a hope in hell!!!

Heres hoping that your year has started well and may it continue to improve all the way through. Cheers!

2 Comments:

At 7:59 am, Blogger lilymarlene said...

Try Picasa
http://picasa.google.com/
for easier loading of photos. You can go direct to blogging from the photo. I find it much easier!
When you have posted your blog you then have to go back and edit it if you want to allow comments....that is the only drawback!

 
At 9:57 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't have to go on it of course, and it is still having teething troubles.

When I went on to it when it first started I gave up and got my own, as there were so many problems loading the photos etc.

I think there are still difficulties at times with the photo part of it, but the rest I think they have sorted out.

Thanks for your comment - and what was the mix you wanted for the sausages - can't find a comment anywhere with it on.

Did you want the recipe or the address where to get the spices from or rusk?

If you let me on my blog or email me from my site I will help

 

Post a Comment

<< Home