Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Well thanks!

So - you picked on me did you Miss Pumpkin Pie-us? Velly intelesting! Gosh five things people dont know about me eh? This really gets the old grey matter going (eh you watch it - my hair isn't grey yet you know).

The problem is that I know not of any other folks on blogs which I can pass it on to - how sad is that?

Anyway here goes........................

1. I have a steam engine named after me. My grandad made me a working scale model of a tank engine and he made a brass name plate for each side. It's capable of carrying 2-4 people dependant on size. It took thirty years to complete.

2. When living in Carlisle I swam for the school and won - back stroke if you don't mind! I was 12 years old.

3. I have worn glasses since being 4 years old and remember quite vividly the moment when I could see. One saturday afternoon My mum came in with my glasses and put them on me (no fitting in those days). It was horse racing on the telly and then wrestling. I sat there mesmerised and I was 6ft from the screen (I used to sit right infront of it). When at school I was the only one of 275 pupils who wore glasses. Colin and I stuck together (he wore calipers).

4. From a very early age I wanted to be a doctor. Not a nurse, a doctor, which 40+ years ago was really unheard of. I went to be a radiographer instead (a 7 year big mistake) and now am a paramedic which I love!

5. In 1971 I came second in a singing competition at Butlins. It was the semi final. I sang 'My Cherie Amour' (ambitious yes I know) and the winner sang Cilla Blacks 'Your My World'. She went there to win - she was dressed up really posh and she had a wig! I hadn't even practiced or anything as they asked if anyone would like to sing as two of the acts hadn't turned up! Me? Outgoing? Not a bit of it!

Well there you have it. Don't know who to pass it onto!

Enjoy!

2 Comments:

At 6:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Where do I start? Firt off it's great to have you back bloging, although now you have posted so many posts I'm afeared we'll not hear from you until May!

1) The steam engine is way cool - Granddads are the best.
5) I'd never have guessed :-D

Now - find some blogging mates and pass on the viral meme that is the viral meme :)

hb - www.wildburo.co.uk
************************

 
At 10:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I completely agree about the whole steam engine thing - how brilliant is that? And working on it for 30 years? Incredible!

Great to have you back in business!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home