Sunday, August 13, 2006

It's four in the morning.....

...... and what's more the dawning has woken up the wanting in me..... I forget who sang it - must check. Well it's nearly four in the morning. And I'm at work. And they are all drunk. By they I mean all the folks in York. Not all the folks in York you understand but all those who are out in the town with access to alcohol. And it's raining - and cold. Now this makes a huge difference to how the night goes. It usually means that the majority of clubbers go home in taxis instead of hanging round the burger vans and kebab shops. Not good news for them but it is for us!! We usually get what we call 'proper' jobs later on. Genuinely poorly people. That's what we do best.

On the allotment front, the black plastic has arrived and so have the cloche hoops to go with the fleece. We are not messing about now. It's a serious business this allotmenteering! I read with interest other blogs and find that they do far more on theirs than we do - it's all to change. And I need to update this more regularly. I have some office furniture ordered and when that arrives heaven help all of you!!!! I will be so organised.......... at which point I awake and find ...yeah I was only dreaming

Anyway I'll leave you with a Billy Ocean song - 'When the going get tough the tough get going'!

1 Comments:

At 11:31 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My drunken nights around town are long behind me, but even at their hieght I never needed the good old NHS - how you do it I'll never know :)

Glad to hear the lottie is going strong and congrats on the 25th rose flowering!

My only advice at the moment is to choose 1.5 inch think wood for the sides of raised beds - 1 inch just isn't strong enough :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home