Saturday, November 04, 2006

It's bin a while....

Hi - I have been busy. Yes so busy that I haven't had time to .... no you don't want to hear that.... but yes I'm back. Much of the old drivel. The story goes something like this. They changed the shift pattern I work. This in itself isn't a problem is it? It damned well is when you've booked all your leave around your shifts and then find out you are working when you should be off and off when you should be on leave and and and so on. A right mix up. It's amplified by the fact that I can't have the leave I want because the allocation of leave is full. I have had to swap shifts etc so have had to work more shifts to get what I want as I have had to swap with colleagues. The knock on effect of which is that I haven't had as much time as I would normally have. I have missed out on a Robbie Williams concert (long story), last night of the proms at Castle Howard, my grandsons christening (almost, but had to work a night for a day), a wedding evening do to name but a few. I have been replaced in the pub quiz as my shifts now do not coincide with a Sunday night. And the sad thing is that I am not the only one. I counted up that I didn't see my husband or children for 8 days due to work. Like I say I am not the only one. Can you believe that they are going to do the same thing again and give us a 90 day notice of change next year sometime. And there's not a damned thing we can do about it. Plus the fact that the British Sugar plant in York is closing (don't get me going) means that Baldrick will be out of a job as of February. Something will turn up I am certain. Grump over.

I ordered garlic and onions on the advice of pumpkin soup. Not disappointed in the slightest. I ordered black stuff as greenmantle said and is spread over the site. The two water butts I had in the garden have gone to the site, as did the composter. Have not ventured to livestock (remember wild burro hmmm?) but will suffice with meal worms and things for the birds. They must be getting hungry as it's now much colder (or are they just greedy I wonder?).

Efforts must be made in the garden. It has been somewhat neglected of late and now we have a green wheelie bin I can get rid of green rubbish to hearts content. I looked out of the bedroom window which overlooks the back garden. Next door they have a very tidy yet if I may be so bold as to say, unimaginative garden, however I looked at mine in comparison and was staggered at how untidy and unkempt it looks. No time off til Wednesday now and only two days - doesnt leave me much time to do everything which needs to be done. I don't know about you lot but when the kids where at home, although I never stopped doing things I always had a lovely clean and tidy house. Now that there are only the two of us I can't keep up with it. Perhaps I hang onto all the crap in this house so that its a reminder of the kids - no that sounds daft. Maybe just turned into lazy cow. We should not have got a telly!!! Think I might get one of those things which limits telly watching and just use it during the day so that I can't turn it on.

Well it's lovely to be back. Hope you are all well.

Chin chin.

3 Comments:

At 12:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you're still up and running, though sorry to hear there's been so mych hasske in your life. Glad to know you'll be having garlic!!

 
At 3:41 pm, Blogger Jooles said...

The cloves were in really good condition when they arrived. Lets just hope we can do them justice! Have got some onion seeds (for December) from robinsons - mammoth improvers - last time we grew them they were delicious, really juicy and so sweet, oh and soo big!

 
At 7:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn good to have you back, Jooles and I'm right sory to hear about all the shite at work - hope Baldrick gets sommat soon and keep the posts coming :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home