Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Hi - I'm back!

It's been a funny old month. We are expectant grandparents - tomorrow all being well. I just can't get my head round it really. My youngest child about to become a mum? Well it just doesn't seem right somehow.

All is well in the greenhouse. I saved the tomatoes the little life saver I am and performed CPR on the peppers. The courgettes are a little late this year owing to the fact I forgot to sow them. So far on the allotment we have.....

Onion sets - Stouron
Onion seeds - kelsae and some illegal immigrants
Garlic - from the isle of wight

.....I know its not a really good list but all the stuff is downstairs and I'm doing this from memory!

I continue....

Shallots - Jemor
Peas - Greenshaft and Feltham First (I think thats how you spell it)
Broad Beans - Aqua Dulce - put in in the autumn
Potatoes - Arran Pilot, Kestrel, Pentland something

I'm trying my best here you know...

Carrots - Nantes extra early I think)
Beetroot - Detroit ....... something

Ahem.....

In the green house we have (this is my domain and I know all of these)

Tomatoes - Alicante, Gartenperle, Gardeners Delight, Costoluto Fiorentino, Super Marmande, Shirley, Sungella, Cour de Bue, Astro Ibrido, Roma

Impressed?

Peppers - Big Banana, Asti Quatro, Corno Rosso,

Chillis - Jalapenos, Cayenna, there are a few more I know

Courgettes - some from Baldricks Dad and some Italian Nero something

For the allotment

Red Sprouts - free with GYO
Green Spouts - Toledo and Musslebrough
Cauliflower -
Cabbage - Greyhound, Tundra and Advantage

Butternut Squash - Cobnut

Sweetcorn - Swift

All are doing well - Still having probs getting photographic evidence -

Thank you for reading - over and out.

1 Comments:

At 6:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vampire veg - it never shows up on film!

Congrats on the bambino news :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home