Monday, March 13, 2006

Toms at the ready!

They've done it! The tomatoes are up. Now I had distinct reservations about them as I had problems with the temperature control. The capsule worked really well however I dont know if it's anything to do with the capsule in the green house being on the side where it gets the sun or the heater itself. I have monitored the temp for days now and its maintained at between 18 and 20 degs so not too bad . I only hope its warm enough for the peppers. The problem arises when the temp in the capsule is as above but the temp in the rest of the greenhouse is less than this and I can't risk putting the tender new toms in it - but on the other hand (left or right?) the peppers need to be warmer. Do I risk increasing the temp for the peppers to do their stuff at the risk of loosing the toms to higher heat. What a dilema.

Anyway the following have germinated....

Gardeners Delight
Cour di Bue
Costuloto Fiorentino
Roma F1
Shirley
Alicante
Gartenperle
Super Marmande
Astro Ibrido F1

6 of each the little beauties!! I am sure I've missed one out - will check and report back.

The peppers are ..... in no particular order

Corno Rosso
Cayenne
Jalapeno
Bell Boy
Apache
Big Banana

and others!!!!

My head is a shed. Just finished nights. Back to work tomorrow. I had to swap a shift to be able to take next Sunday off so the four days I usually get after 4 12hour shifts (2 days 2 nights) has been broken up. Anyway, will be working with a great guy tomorrow so it will be a pleasure to share the day with him. The last two nights have been hard. Saturday night is always busy with drunks and assaults and Sunday is usually proper poorly folk who don't want to ring the doctor it being the weekend. It was extra busy as we had some shifts down and some stations were not covered so it was all hell and no notion till about 0400. That's seems to tie in with the time the burger vans etc close up for the night. Went to an RTA (I think they are called MVC's now - motor vehicle collision not insinuating that it's an accident anymore) where two guys provided a positive breath test. The CPS may or may not decide who was driving the car. The two gentlemen (and I use the term loosely) couldn't decide so they may both be convicted!

The rest of Sat night was assaults - what is it about alcohol and some folks that they want to knock seven shades out of another person? Women are just as bad. Maybe Harveys Bristol Cream is the answer - it doesn't make me want to hit anyone! Althought Bacardi has made me fall down the stairs once or twice in the past! It was soooo cold last night and there were still girls out with next to nothing on. As my gran said - they'll get cold in their kidneys and piles from sitting on cold walls. I don't think I will ever get cold in my kidneys as I'm a good girl and am always well tucked in and wear a double cotton gusset at all times!!!

Am glad the heating is now working. It is siberian out there! I expect a letter from Powergen in the very near future about the drain from the national grid to heat the most expensive greenhouse in the world.

And just for the bird watchers out there - baldrick has had a lovely pair of tits on his nuts and the robins are nesting in the bird box he was given for his birthday - so spring must be round the corner. I noticed some pigeons at it in a tree the other day. Most precarious!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home