Thursday, February 09, 2006

Lead on by the plumber

The plumber neither rang nor called. The house is still cold. Very cold - so have all the scientists got it wrong about global warming? Well it's not warming up in this part of the world I can tell you!

When I get home following a night shift the first thing I do is make a cup of tea. The kettle would not boil fast enough this morning. I then put the fire on. It suited me. It's one of those real flame jobbies that looks good but unless you are standing directly in front of it with your jumper pulled out so the heat goes directly up it, it's neither use nor ornament. So I made some porridge in the vain hope it would create central heating on the inside. All those Scottish folk tossing cabers must have it right?

Now the plumber said that he would ring before he came round, so I thought that if I went to bed there was no chance of hearing the phone let alone the door bell if I was dead to the world. The plan therefore was to snuggle down with the blue blanket (a long story) on the sofa as close to the fire as I could get without activating the smoke alarm. The dog thought it was fun! I ate the porridge (struggle) and drank the tea and did the snuggling bit. By the time I was settled it was about 8am. And I went to sleep only to wake at 10 to go to the loo. I tried in vane to find the comfy spot I had originally found but sleep now eluded me (down to e's in the dictionary). By half seven this evening I had given up hope of the plumbers call. Baldrick (bless him) now informs me that he had said Thursday OR Friday and could even be Saturday when he was going to 'take a look' at the boiler. Fab. I now have to remain indoors just incase this guy decides to call. And still I don't feel tired. .............. I bet I do in the morning!

2 Comments:

At 7:13 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jooles - mate - you poor devil! Get youself a cheap (£20) pay-as-you-go mobile and then get into a warm, comfy bed.

 
At 9:21 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jooooooooles! Come back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home