Thursday, March 23, 2006

It's all go isn't it?

Where do people find the time to do all the things that you want to but never get round to doing? They all seem to do far far more than me. Take the ironing cupboard for instance - no PLEASE take the ironing cupboard. There is the world mountain of ironing in there. Being a mother I have mother powers ..... like being able to put my hand into the ironing pile and by touch alone (and in the dark without the use of a safety net) can locate the item which has been requested. Voila! Since the girls have fled - too hurriedly for my liking - I have not lost these powers. The pile is now of dangerous proportions. The ironing basket (a farcical term) is perched upon said pile and could fall at any time. The ironing board is wedged in between the door and the pile. One false move could cause an avalanche of gigantic proportions. Yet why oh why do I not take my life in my hands and tackle it? Every time we go out (an infrequent event due to not having anything to wear) do I have to call upon my powers to find items of clothing to iron. This usually calls for Baldrick to state that the dog needs to go out and will I be safe opening the cupboard. I swear and curse like a trouper. As soon as the ironing board is moved the avalanche begins. This moves the pile and therefore the position of the item of clothing in question. More swearing and cursing. There is also the added danger of the iron itself being knocked off the shelf and cause a serious head injury along with wetting all the clothes with the water I left in from the last ironing rally, which I should have emptied out (according to the instruction manual).

What confuses me is when I go to put more ironing in the cupboard the pile NEVER falls over. Whats all that about then? I didn't used to be like this say 10 years ago. Little mrs perfect I was. Slim, fit and very organised (not any of those things anymore). Tea ready at tea time with food cooked from scratch, washing and ironing done. Clean linen and towels. Paperwork all up to date. School stuff all sorted for the girls. Was chairman of the governors. In fact if I had me as a friend 10 years ago I would have been pretty pissed off at how well organised I was. And I had a full time job and had two children and husband. I have no idea where that person has gone. Do I want her back? Yes and no. I'm far more mellow now. More chilled. I don't fly off the handle any more - well we are all entitled to once in a while! Perhaps the ironing would be a start. I'll go and have a look!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home