Friday, February 03, 2006

The trouble with electric is......

Now it's probably looking to all you professional allotmenters out there that this is a fly by the seat of your pants kind of set up - and you could be right. The cable is still in place (the birds think it's great as a perch) and the green house is getting all lovely and warm. My main concern is how much these damned onions are going to cost in the long run? I have ventured out the greenhouse three times today and not once I tell you has that electric heater been clicked off! So how much electicity this heater is using is anyones guess. Should I bring them into the house? Shall I leave them in situ in the vain hope that the heat gets to 18degs in there - the optimum germination temperature? But we have designed a cunning plan - we are going to buy some MORE big bubble wrap and are going to make a little compartment in the greenhouse for germination. I'm not too convinced that baldricks plan will work. For one we are still heating a glass house - insulation minimal - other than the bubble wrap. And (never start a sentence with and) two it reduces the amount we can germinate at any one time. I said that we should have had a propogator....didn't I say....well? Oh no baldrick knows best. So here we are plugged into the national grid for our costapacket onions. They had better be good.

3 Comments:

At 6:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like a certain European lager, they will be reassuringly expensive and taste just the same ;-)

 
At 8:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to blogging!

Looking forward to reading your site - so far it promises to be very lively!

 
At 11:44 am, Blogger Jooles said...

Thank you Thank you - welcome to my humble abode! Will have a look at the anti spam thingy - did have probs with the link thing but managed to sort it - I just pressed refresh and there you all were! This is mind blowing stuff for a numpty like me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home